Bangalore based medical travel company INDHEAL has received their accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) on April 29, 2019. This is definitely a time of great honour for INDHEAL, as this accreditation is evidence of the world-class quality service INDHEAL provides to all health travellers looking for medical treatment in India.
What is NABH?
The National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers or NABH is a constituent board of Quality Council of India. NABH is responsible for operating accreditation programs for healthcare companies and facilities. NABH has its own set of requisites and guidelines, which healthcare facilities and organizations need to adhere to, in order to be accredited. NABH is committed to improving the healthcare service sector in India, by ensuring healthcare facilities accredited by NABH provide top-quality care and service to their patients. Employees of such facilities and organizations are well-trained and qualified as well.
NABH accreditation is on par with the world’s most leading hospital accreditation. NABH is equivalent to JCI and other international standards of accreditation such as Haute Authorite de Sante, Australian Council on Healthcare Standards, the Japan Council for Quality in Health Care and the National Committee for Quality Assurance in the United States.
- NABH is an Institutional Member as well as a Board member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (lSQua).
- NABH is a member of the Accreditation Council of International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
- NABH is on board of Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
If a healthcare organization is accredited with NABH, it means they follow the below mentioned parameters in running their organization.
- They are efficient and follow the principles of accountability and patient safety.
- They treat their patients with respect and dignity
- They are involved with the patient at every step, to ensure patients take an informed decision.
- Their staff is well-qualified and well-trained
- The company provides complete transparency in all their correspondence
- They continually monitor their activities and work towards improving them.
- They follow all protocols as per the national/international standard of patient care and medical travel.
- They receive feedback from patients and use them to improve their services
The NABH evaluated INDHEAL on several criterion such as the enquiry process, adherence to practices, employee records, range of services offered etc. and only when they exceled in all of them was the accreditation offered. Truly it is a day of great pride for INDHEAL to have their dedication and hard work nationally acknowledged.