The heart bypass surgery would cost between 5,500-7,000 USD in the top hospitals in India. Factors that determine the cost of surgery,
· The choice of hospital-A super-specialty heart hospital with high reputation will obviously cost more.
· The choice of surgeon-A highly reputed surgeon with huge experience will cost more
· The condition of the patient-The cost of the surgery goes up in proportion to the risks associated with surgery. An otherwise healthy patient without any other systemic diseases, falls in a low risk category. A patient with pre-existing systemic diseases that could aggravate the heart disease falls into a high risk category. The cost of surgery for high risk types will be higher, since the surgical team will have to take additional precautions to prevent the occurrence of any surgical complications.
· The duration of hospital stay-Longer the duration of stay, higher the overall cost of surgery
For those coming to India for heart bypass surgery, there are certain additional costs involved apart from the cost of heart surgery. They include the cost of air tickets, medical visa and cost of stay outside the hospital.
Those coming to India for heart bypass surgery will have to come prepared for a stay of two to three weeks. This include
· the time for pre-surgical consultations and assessment – about two to three days.
· stay in the hospital- about ten to twelve days
· observation period after discharge from the hospital- about five to seven days.